The Jefferson Food Pantry (Wisconsin) serves our Jefferson School District neighbors who are in need of food. If a neighbor is struggling to put food on the table, our community food pantry is here to help. It is our mission to make it easy to receive the food our neighbors need.
The Jefferson Food Pantry proudly provides guests with the opportunity to choose the grocery items that their household will most enjoy. We provide a wide variety of fresh produce, dairy, meat, bakery, and shelf stable groceries, along with a limited selection of hygiene, household, self-care, and baby items.
- Must live within the Jefferson School District, which can be viewed here.
- During non-pandemic times, guests will be asked to self certify their income eligibility.
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU
- No ID or proof of residency is currently required.
- We suggest that guests come with an empty trunk to allow plenty of space for all of your groceries.
- If guests have reusable cloth grocery bags, we encourage guests to bring them for a sustainable pantry experience.
WHERE AND WHEN
- We are located at 164 W. Garland Street in Jefferson, Wisconsin.
- We are open Mondays and Thursdays from 1:00 – 4:00 pm.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- Guests are asked to park in our parking lot and then to approach the large tent on the east side of our building.
- Each guest is asked to complete a simple intake form with their First and Last Name, Address, Number of People in the Household, and whether they choose to identify as a Senior Citizen. Guests are then asked to review available dairy and freezer items and to circle those items that they would like.
- Translators are available to assist our English as a Second Language guests.
- In the order each guest arrives, a Pantry Volunteer will then briefly meet with each guest to review their selection. A personal shopper will pack up dairy and frozen items as each guest “shops” for their desired produce, bakery, and shelf stables items.
- Guests can expect to depart with up to 30 pounds of food per household member.